Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Week 1 Blog Assignment-Assessments

As I requirement for the Instructional Leadership course, I was able to take a couple of personal technnology inventories. The technology assessments gave a profile of my strengths and weaknesses. Overall, it seems like my knowledge of technology and my tech skills are decent. However, I would be interested in comparing my results with others to give me a better idea of my skills. The Technology Applications Assessment was an assessment of some basic technology skills and applications. The majority of my answers were "yes's". The inventory revealed that I am aware or familiar with 77 percent of its questions. I believe that this is a true reflection of my basic technology skills.
The SETDA inventory was a more intensive and comprehensive inventory of my technology applications and of those around me. It also revealved some weaknesses and strengths. More than anything, it showed that we are very equipted with technology in our school/district, but not completely implementing it. Like any initiative that a district takes on, there must be a plan for introduction, implementation and follow up. Technology seems to be different than any other initiative, in the sense that it requires much more money, staff development and personnel support. Technology requires, not only to know the content, but to know how to use it. It can also be very complex and requires time to be proficient at it. The inventory reflected that we are not making the most of our technology and not using it to the maximum learning of the students. However, from what I have witnessed, my district is continually providing and hiring more technology support, which is one of the keys to implement what is provided on the campuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment